Building an ultimate vocabulary bank transcends age and level of education. With expansive vocabulary you become more articulate and can express yourself with ease.
Building an ultimate vocabulary bank transcends age and level of education. With expansive vocabulary you become more articulate and can express yourself with ease. You need not rack your mind trying to get the right word.
The following ten tips will go a long way in developing ultimate vocabulary:-
1. Look for topics that you will enjoy. Some of us are into scientific fiction, history, the arts or literature. The list could go on. It is easier to build your ultimate vocabulary based on reading material that you love. This is a good starting point. Broaden your reading scope on your area of choice.
2. As part of the ultimate vocabulary review, note down all new words. There is a tendency of lazily glossing over a word yet you do not know its meaning. Avoid this laziness. You could quickly guess the meaning based on the context. Remember to look up the word in your dictionary and see whether you were right.
3. When other people are speaking, listen keenly to their pronunciation and watch for new words. Carry a notebook and pen with you all the time. Every time you come across something new, write it down. Later on, conduct an ultimate vocabulary review for the day. You may commit it to memory, but chances are you will quickly forget. It is best to write down somewhere.
4. Ultimate vocabulary software is recommended. This is a must have for any serious vocabulary builder. There are many good programs designed to help you enrich your vocabulary. Browse the internet and search for the ultimate one. Read through the software reviews for ultimate vocabulary. This is helpful in understanding the software features that determine what software works for you.
5. Whenever you discover new words, practice them immediately. You can make use of family members or friends. Alternatively, you can use these words in your next emails. How about saying the words aloud? Any effort at building ultimate vocabulary is worth trying.
6. On your dictionary, highlight or circle words that you have learnt in the recent past. This helps in that when you are doing an ultimate vocabulary review, your mind will quickly recall its meaning. This is called visual learning.
7. In a software review of ultimate vocabulary you will find most online vocabulary builders having “word of the day” feature. You need to subscribe to this. Remember to use the word on the same day.
8. Play word games. Invite your friends over for a game of scrabble and challenge each other on word knowledge hence further building your ultimate vocabulary.
9. Set yourself some realistic goals. Building ultimate vocabulary takes effort and time. Remember to give yourself some rewards the moment you hit a target. For instance, you can have coffee at a restaurant you have never been to. This will motivate you to go on.
10. Play with new words in using your imagination. Children learn by use of this method. You will be surprised at how easily you remember words.