PSD to CSS conversions are of paramount importance when it comes to designing and developing the website. A PSD file is static and lack browser compatibility and by converting the same into CSS, one is able to get website that will be pixel perfect, cross browser compatible and will load faster in any browser. The importance of PSD to CSS conversion for the website and its design are discussed below. * Building user Centric Websites : what PSD to CSS conversion does is that it makes the website highly user centric. Cascading style sheet language has been developed in order to cater to the presentation semantics i.e. look and formatting of the website the presentation semantics primarily contains the details about human behavior and whatever happens in the brain and psychology of the users, when the scan through the website. Thus by converting PSD file into CSS markup, you make the website easily accessible by the human senses.
Various characteristics like varying font size and type, font and website color scheme, layout of the web page etc are defined by the CSS markup and this helps in building a website which is easily accessible and readable by the humans.
* Making the Coding Flexible : Cascading style sheet language basically differentiate between the markup content of the document (which includes the PSD to HTML and other such markup codes) and its presentation, which includes the layout, fonts and etc. Thus it brings about the flexibility in the design markup coding of the website and makes it more functional and efficient.
* Conserving the Time Required for Detailed Coding : with the PSD to CSS conversion, the web developers can easily conserve the time they are spending on the coding. CSS allows them to recall the particular codes again, without having to repeatedly write the complete codes. Thus the time required is saved.
* Optimum Loading Time of the Website : not just conserving the time required for coding the website, the conversion to the CSS markup also optimizes the loading time of the website. Logically speaking, the time a website takes to be loaded on the web browser is directly proportional to its size, which is again dependent on the coding done. Thus not just the required coding is reduces by using the CSS markup, even the web pages become quick loading and performs effectively in the web world.
* Cross Browser Compatible Web Pages : It is the PSD to CSS markup conversion that makes the website compatible with the various popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc. Basically, with the systematic arrangement of the codes contributes towards the browser compatibility of the website. CSS conversion helps in developing an error free website, and thus the website is made to be compatible with different versions of different web browsers.
* W3C Valid Website : The W3C validation is required to confirm that the website is fully functional and efficient. W3C or the Word Wide Consortium, is the governing body which issues guidelines which the website must follow and with the systematic website development through PSD to HTML conversion or CSS conversion, the website obtains the much required W3C validations.